Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3d Printer fun
I figured I would kick off the hardware posts with a picture of my Creality Ender 3. If you're looking to get into 3d printing I would highly recommend this bad boy. There are lots of guides to upgrade it, either by printing parts to make things nicer and actual hardware upgrades. This post is also gunna serve partly as a "before" picture so that I'll have a decent "after" shot once I make some modifications to it this week. 1st mod is going to be swapping out the stock hot end cooling fan with a nice quiet Noctua fan and the 2nd mod will be wiring the raspberry pi, I have set up to use Octoprint with, up to the printers power supply so that I don't need a cord to power it. 

https://imgur.com/a/z8YBeYF

Oh right and currently printing in that picture is a little spiral vase that I'm printing to test out the "vase mode" settings.
One day, I will convince the wife that I need one.
Definitely adding this to the list of great gadgets to get. A home lab is still first on my agenda though
The best way to convince someone you need one is to learn 3d modeling. Because, if you can create models then the possibles things you can print are only constrained by your printers build area.
Thats one of the issues, small apartment. The only place I could put it, is on the kitchen counter. lol
(03-05-2019, 07:48 AM)Todd Wrote: Thats one of the issues, small apartment. The only place I could put it, is on the kitchen counter. lol

I mean the ender fits on an Ikea lack table, so it's not that big lol
No room to fit a small Ikea table xD. Especially where the kids can't get to it. When we move into a bigger place I will have more leverage to get one.
Fair enough lol. welp, in other news. When you know in your gut something seems like it's not going to work, trust it. Don't be like me.....welp