Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UPDATE: Planned Maintainance (27FEB19)
Hello all,

Just a quick announcement. During the night on May 1st, the forum may be down for some planned maintenance. An update of the MyBB forum software is released and the plan is to make the updates that night. I do not think it will impact anyone since not many users right now seem to traffic the forum in the middle of the night, however, I am making this announcement in the event that someone might. The update is migrating from MyBB 1.8.19 to MyBB 1.8.20. I plan to start the updating process sometime around 2300 pacific time (maybe later depending on the kids). My hope is that this will not take long and be a smooth transition. However, this is my first time performing an upgrade on MyBB, so I am unclear of how long the process will take. Hopefully after this update, in the future I hope I will be able to give a solid window for any future planned maintenance such as this.

During the night, I might also be improving some more functionality on the administration side of things that night also as time allows. If I am able to get to this, this should not impact the forum. First priority will be upgrade of MyBB.

Thank you,
Todd

Quote:MyBB 1.8.20 Released — Security & Maintenance Release

MyBB 1.8.20 is now available, and is a security & maintenance release.
This release includes allowing users to see their unapproved content and view user referrals; compatibility with PHP >= 7.2 has been improved and jQuery has been upgraded to 3.0.0, which might affect custom JavaScript code in plugins and themes.
  • 5 security vulnerabilities addressed:
    • Medium risk: Reset Password reflected XSS
    • Medium risk: ModCP Profile Editor username reflected XSS — reported by Jovan Zivanovic of MaTRIS Research Group, SBA Research
    • Low risk: Predictable CSRF token for guest users — reported by Devilshakerz of MyBB Team
    • Low risk: ACP Stylesheet Properties XSS — reported by Cillian Collins
    • Low risk: Reset Password username enumeration via email — reported by Abdullah Md. Shaleh
  • 42 issues resolved

Check Release Notes for a list of changes to language files, templates and unresolved issues.
Get latest MyBB Full & Upgrade Packages →
The MyBB Project extends thanks to reporters and researchers following responsible disclosure.
Go to mybb.com/security to report possible security concerns or to learn more about security research at MyBB.
If you would like to contribute to the Project, Get Involved.
Thanks,
MyBB Team
Upgrade has been completed. Now running MyBB 1.8.20